The Thurner family have been committed to hospitality for two generations. For us, the Pitztaler Hof is our home, our workplace and our life's work. For our guests, this means immersing themselves in a welcoming family atmosphere. Though you will always have a personal contact person close at hand, you’ll also have ample space for yourself.
Our journey from a small farmhouse inn to a comfortable 3-star hotel was accomplished with the dedication and diligence of everyone involved. Again and again, the hotel has been renovated and adapted to modern needs.
Nevertheless, "yesterday" has never completely disappeared from our walls. After all, there is a special charm in this coexistence of tradition and the latest amenities. This place is alive with both the past and the future, and that's a good thing.
Over 400 years of hospitality
The history of
the Pitztaler Hof
After 159 years, the name Joel Prantl appears in the historical record as the next owner. By the way, "Joel" remained in the parlance of the Wenners as a kind of house name for the Pitztaler Hof for a very long time.
Under the ownership of Franz Weber, the inn burned down. It was rebuilt in the same year and continued to operate as a farm until 1933.
Gottfried Thurner acquired the inn and thus brought it into the possession of the present host family.
Optional, only if there is space: Gottfried Thurner was a factory director in a silk weaving mill in Stafä on Lake Zurich. He was born in Bregenz in 1896 as the youngest child of a large family. His father, Jacob Thurner, born 1840 in Karrösten/Tirol, and his mother, Rebecca Thurner, born Wechselberger from Jerzens Graslehn, emigrated to Switzerland in 1897. Gottfried Thurner married Mrs. Berta Seethaler from Landshut in Bavaria in 1926.
The Pitztaler Hof was leased for 23 years.
The son of Gottfried Thurner , Othmar Thurner took over the Pitztaler Hof with his sister Annelies. At that time, it was just a small farm inn with 8 guest beds and a guest room.
Othmar Thurner married Edith Wechselberger from Wenns. The pair continued to expand the Pitztaler Hof together. They were supported by their children Barbara, Karin and Christoph.
1980, 1984 & 1996
In three large construction phases, the Pitztaler Hof achieved its present size with 100 beds and seating for 300.
A wellness area was set up to offer guests even more comforts.