In the Pitztal valley, enjoy nostalgic winters like they once were. During the cold months, look forward to crystal clear, crisp mountain air and heartwarming hospitality. Our hotel is located just a short journey from the famous Hochzeiger and Pitztal Glacier ski resorts and lies in the middle of a picturesque winter landscape.
The Pitztal Glacier
features Austria's highest cable car at 3,440 metres and offers challenging, snow-secure slopes. Not had enough? Take advantage of the ski connection to the Rifflsee ski resort at the end of the valley for a further 39 kilometres of slopes for all skill levels.
Whether you’re a seasoned skier, half-day connoisseur, or cable-car passenger without alpine skis, the resorts in the Pitztal valley have the perfect ticket option for all. In addition, with the Bambini Free Pass, children under 10 years of age can even ride for free when accompanied by a parent.
- Ski bus stop in front of the house
- Free ski bus every half hour to the Hochzeiger ski resort (journey time approx. 15 min)
- Free hourly bus to the Pitztal Glacier (travel time approx. 45 min)
- Lockable ski cellar with ski boot dryer
- Ski passes available at the reception
- Ski courses also bookable at the hotel
Top infrastructure in the region
- Ski storage depot, equipment rental and sales at the sports stores at the valley station of the Hochzeiger ski resort
- Optimal care for little ones at the Pitzi children's ski school with large Kinderland and all-day kindergarten
- Several ski schools offer ski and snowboard courses for all levels and ski variants, etc.
Beyond the ski slopes
There are so many activities beyond the slopes: Winter hiking, tobogganing on the Hochzeiger, cross-country skiing on the high-altitude trail on the Piller mountain or on the Pitztal trail along the valley floor, and ice skating on the Piller fish pond. Try these rewarding activities out for yourself out and experience Pitztal to the fullest in winter.
Kaunergrat Nature Park
From mid-December to the end of March, the Kaunergrat Nature Park boasts impressive highlights for those seeking peace and quiet. Guided snowshoe and winter hiking tours, animal tracking, snow games and more will entice the entire family to get outdoors and explore.
Sauna & Wellness
After a day in the cold winter air, the wellness landscape at the Pitztaler Hof really works wonders. Now is the time for heat, refueling, sauna and rest. Can we interest you in some time in our solarium or a healing massage from Nadine?